Phone: +49 (0)177 321 2 321
hereinafter „FindPenguins“ or „we“
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of data protection laws. With this statement you agree that FindPenguins is entitled to collect, process and use your personal data listed below for the purposes stated in this agreement. This consent may be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
(1) The Find Penguins services (website and Apps) can be visited without revealing any personal details. A registration or filling out a contact form is not necessary. When visiting or calling the FindPenguins services a truncated IP address of the computer or the mobile device is stored by us. When storing this visitor data in particular your IP address and domain name are saved only shortened so that a conclusion on the individual visitor is not possible. In our server logs the
(2) When you are calling the FindPenguins services via mobile devices, please note that location data is regularly transmitted to us. You can turn off the location-based services on your device.
(3) You have the option to create your personal profile at FindPenguins. To create and complete your profile you are transmitting personal data and information to FindPenguins, such as your first and last name, your blog name, biographical details, country of origin and place of residence, contact details and website, information about your travels, such as number of trips and the countries visited, your as "Followings" and "Followers" and linked user accounts. This personal information is accessible and can be seen by all users of the FindPenguins network. Furthermore, photo files uploaded to the network and added to your profile (for example, profile images) are visible to all users of the network.
For each post ("footprint") you have the option to choose a separate privacy and thus to constitute, if the data provided can be seen
- by the public, in particular via the public search (“public”)
- only by to your profile connected accounts (“followers only”)
- or only by yourself (“private”)
The default privacy setting is “public”. If you want to make a different setting, you need to actively set this up.
(4) If you place an order at FindPenguins, it is necessary to provide personal data such as your name, email address, shipping address, if you pay by credit card also the credit card number and expiration date of the credit card or the necessary information for the selected payment data. We assure you that all personal and payment data will be kept strictly confidential. This is, so FindPenguins can process and execute your order and keep you informed about your order status. FindPenguins stores a summary of orders, so you can always get an overview of the status of your orders.
(5) For purposes of analysis of customer satisfaction, we occasionally conduct customer surveys via e-mail or telephone. This is usually done anonymously. Your replies to the customer survey are not stored with your personal data but anonymously for statistical evaluation. We handle your data in accordance with the provisions of data protection law and meet their safety precautions.
(6) The complete account or credit card data is not stored by FindPenguins. Payments are made through third payment providers (PayPal, Paymill). Only the payment providers charge your unabridged account or credit card data and these are also responsible for processing the data to you.
We may embed third party content on our site, such as YouTube videos, maps from Google Maps, RSS feeds or graphics from other websites. This always assumes that the provider of such content (hereinafter referred to as "third party") perceive the IP address of the user. Otherwise it would not be possible to send the content to the browser of each user. The IP address is therefore necessary for the presentation of that content. We strive to use only such content of providers, that are using the IP address only to deliver the content. However, we have no control if the third party saves the IP address, for example for statistical purposes. Insofar we are aware of such fact, we will point it out to our the users.
This website uses Google Analytics demographics reports, in which data from interest-based advertising from Google and visitors information of third parties (for example, age, gender and interests) is used. This data is not attributable to a specific person and can always be disabled via the ad settings.
Furthermore you can prevent the collection of data about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) created by the cookie and the processing of the data by Google, by installing the browser plugin available under the following link. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
As an alternative to browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent a future acquisition by Google Analytics on this website (the opt-out only works in this browser and only for this domain). An opt-out cookie is stored on your device. After clearing your cookies in this browser, you need to click the link again.
By using this site you consent to the processing of the data about you by Google in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purpose.
Under the following URL, personalized ads can be disabled: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated
Our website uses social plugins (“plugins”) provided by the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identifiable by a Facebook logo (white letter f on blue background or a thumb up icon) or the notice “Facebook Social Plugin”. For a full list of all social Plugins please seehttp://developers.facebook.com/plugins. When you visit a page of our website that contains a social plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Facebook servers. Facebook directly transfers the plugin content to your browser which embeds the latter into the website, enabling Facebook to receive information about your having accessed the respective page of our website. Thus we have no influence on the data gathered by the plugin and inform you according to our state of knowledge:
By integrating the plugin Facebook receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can assign this visit to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example, press the like button, the corresponding information from your browser is sent directly to Facebook and stored there. If you are not a member of Facebook, there is still the possibility that Facebook stores your IP address.
For information on the purpose and extent of data capture and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well your rights in this regard and turn-off options for the protection of your personal privacy, please refer to the Facebook data protection information: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. If you are a Facebook member and do not want Facebook to collect data about you via our internet website and to link this with your data stored on Facebook, you need to log off from Facebook before going to our website. It is also possible to block Facebook-Social-Plugins by using browser add-ons, for example the "Facebook Blocker".
By linking your FindPenguins account to the social network Facebook "Facebook Connect", you expressly consent that FindPenguins has access to the basic user data stored in the Facebook account, ie the data, that is publicly visible on the social network www.facebook.com, as well as the email address, and that this data, if necessary, can be collected, processed and used for the creation, implementation and management of the contractual relationship between the user and FindPenguins.
Functions of the Twitter service are integrated on our sites. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. Through the use of Twitter and the function “Re-Tweet” the web pages you visit are linked to your Twitter account and made known to other users. This data is also transmitted to Twitter. We point out that we as providers of the sites have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and the use of them through Twitter. For more information, please see the privacy statement of Twitter at http://twitter.com/privacy. You can change your privacy settings on Twitter under http://twitter.com/account/settings.
(1) You have the right to receive information free of charge about the stored data as well as correction, blocking or deletion of this data. For those actions you can use our service center under the email address email@example.com available.
(2) FindPenguins generally does not share personal data or information to third parties. Excluded from this are transfers that are transmitted to the eligible government agencies as well as the transfers to law enforcement authorities in case of misuse of the offer. We use the data you provide without your express permission solely for the processing of your order / booking, see above.
(3) When registering for the FindPenguins newsletter, your name and email address will be used with your consent for own advertising purposes until you unsubscribe the newsletter. The newsletter can unsubscribe at any time without giving reasons. To do this, click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each newsletter.
(4) The security of your information is very important to us. Our technical and organizational security measures protect the information under our control from unauthorized access, manipulation, loss or destruction. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. No communication, however, is completely safe. Therefore FindPenguins cannot be held responsible or liable for the disclosure of information due to faults during data transmission and/or unauthorised access by third parties.
Data privacy statement of
Phone: +49 (0)177 321 2 321
Version: December 2016