Satellite
  • Day 1

    ... in Baras, Rizal

    February 12, 2017 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    BRAVEHEARTS TRAIL RUN 2017

    This was my very first 7km distance run and it's a trail run. I was excited and scared at the same time. During the briefing before the race starts the emcee announced that the first 3kms would be all uphill and boy they were not kidding!

    As usual for the first 15 minutes I was already panting heavily and can no longer run. I started walking but i didnt feel like i needed to rest so i kept going. I would constantly assess my body for any feeling of dizziness, chest pain or anything bad, thankfully I felt okay and despite the heavy breathing my body wasnt tired so i pushed myself. If my partner didnt stop for water i still would not have rested. I didnt want to go on alone for fear of getting lost.

    Along the way i loved the greetings fellow runners would give us as they run the other way and even their encouragements. It keeps me going and enjoy the activity more.

    When we reached the top also the 3.5 km mark the panting was all worth it. The view was so refreshing it reminded me again why i joined the race. It was also very windy that i was afraid i would be blown away!

    Going back i knew it was my chance to make up for the time i spent walking. I started running. Everytime i see people ahead i would say to myself im going to pass them and i would until i reached the finish line!

    I felt very proud when they cheer us going to the finish line. And i was so fulfilled when the medal was put around my neck by one of the organizers and pointed us to claim our finisher shirt. I wanted so bad to deserve that tshirt and i did it!

    My goal for this race is to finish it in under two hours. I finished it in 2 hours! But if i have to take away the time i spent in photoshoot that would be around 25 minutes so i could have finished it in 1 hour and 35 minutes! It would have been awesome but then again i was there also to enjoy mother nature and without it i dont think the fun would be complete.
    Read more