Satellite
  • Day 75

    trip Melbourne day 8 & 9 / skydiving

    November 30, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    Yesterday morning wake up early and see if the weather is any good for skydiving. Unfortunately a lot of clouds so we ending up no skydiving. So I had a day were I could do a lot of stuff I had no time for sinds the last couple of weeks.

    In the evening we watched the movie sausage party, it's hilarious!

    Also this morning looking for the weather. And it was just okay. Because there are AFF students, they get to go first up in the plane. I knew that so I went surfing in the morning. The waves were pretty good, around head height. And I did stand-up 2 times on my hardboard. What is that board quick and responsive in comparison to a softboard!.

    Afterwards I had a lovely shower. I watched some series and some landings of the students. At the end the wind was to strong to jump for the AFF students. But because I have an A-licence I could jump with stronger winds. I did together with someone else the B-rel stage 6.

    We got up in the plane and on height we got together in the door. We did a linked exit. The exit was terrible, in de movie you can see that 2 people are counting so that's no good. After the exit we tumbled around and had to let go of eachother. Afterwards I made quickly Dock but the other guy was floating around. He cheated a bit on docking. When he docked he went immediately to the next position and everyone else was like wat is he doing. My track was way to short so I have to improve my tracking and track longer. I did a downsize on the canopy and flew a 230 in stead of a 240. My landing was just okay for the first time with a smaller canopy and a lot of wind.

    Video: https://youtu.be/Ao80wyZByvA

    You have to do 3 times B-rel stage 6. And you have to do an linked exit, unlinked exit and dock, finished 3 formations. So got 2 left to do at least an unlinked exit and get the 3 formations.

    Video:
    The pictures are formations you can make during free fall

    Afterwards I watched a movie and me and adrien left Moruya.
    Read more