Satellite
  • Day 155

    off road trip!

    February 18, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    I did am off road trip today. First time of my life. We were driving with KTM 350 4 stroke. First I got some gear from the guys. Unfortunately no protection, only boots, pants, shirt, helmet and goggles. When we drove away I drove straight against a small branch and hunted my foot a bit. But it was okay.

    We started with a normal 4wd track. And then went into the forrest (1 part of video) on a really small track. After the small track we went on some other 4wd roads. Sometimes a bit steep up or downhill. But with a enduro bike it was not to bad. First time down hill was a bit scary because you couldn't see properly where you were going. Mostly we drove for 5 or 10 minutes and had a break of 2 minutes. So that was good! Halfway the day we ended up at a photo shopped place for lunch. It was really beautiful, mostly you only see that in magazines or adds but here it was real! We had some wraps for lunch so that was good.

    After lunch we drove again. The hills were a bit steeper and the climbs and downhills where longer. We drove through some creeks. And one time drove upstream a bit trough a creek. That was really cool. Along the way we could take 2 ways. Go steep uphill or just go down the long way. 1 person tried to go uphill but made a mistake and came down again. And then I went for it. I got all the way up! So that was an amazing feeling! Then the 5 minutes driving afterwards was an unreal scenic view of the valley!. Near the end of the day most people where getting tired, and I was just warmed up :-P. One guy fell down and ripped his hand open. He was able to drive but more slowly. But we got back eventually.

    The bike was really driving amazing and the views and tracks where awsome! The weather was perfect, we had dry 20 degrees so not too warm and not too cold.At the end of the day we did about 130 km.

    And with every amazing sport you gonna have a few beers together :-D.

    I definitely know that I gonna try to buy an off-road bike when I'm back home! Thanks dad for sponsoring this trip I really enjoyed it!

    Videos will come later this week. One from Me and one from the organization. So don't miss it out!

    One video already, I'm the second one:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpYnzuhDxL/

    I uploaded 4 of the 8 videos I made with the gopro. I think it's gonna take a while before I can upload the others. If it's alright you can find the other videos after you watched the first one. If not, let me know.
    https://youtu.be/EJHeoR0ucjE
    Read more