Satellite
  • Day 32

    day 10 - wineglass Bay And MONA

    March 10, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We went out of bed a bit earlier than the rest of the trip. After arriving on the bottom of Mount amos we packed our stuff and wrote our names in a hikers registration book. It took us 1 hour to climb all the way to the top of the mountain. Then we enjoyed the amazing view! I filmed the hike down.ill post the video later.

    On our way back to Hobart we had lunch and drove over a spiky bride. At the airport we had to say goodbye and our trip was unfortunately finished. At the end she was a real easy and good travelmate!

    In the late afternoon I went to the MONA (museum of old and new art) in Hobart. It was a cool museum! Saw a lot of inspiring and weird things.

    After my domino's pizza I drove 70 km north to the cheapest fuel station of tasmania. Price was 1,28 compared to 1,37 - 1,46 so thats a lot. Average was around 1,40. After I filled up a bit I drove to a campsite 100km from cradle mountain. Because it was late I had to drive almost 1,5 hour in the dark. I saw a lot of wildlife, 4 walibi's, a deer, a Tasmanian devil a bird and 6 possums, I had unfortunately one roadkill. No idea what it was but I guess a possum.
    I drove around 40 km behind a local. Because he drove way to fast for a traveler. And he knew the way. I even had a hard time to keep up with him. But he had special big lights on his car so if I would follow I would hit an animal and can drive as fast as him. At the end I was all in 1 piece on the campspot.
    Read more