Satellite
  • Day 3

    Nausori day 2

    November 17, 2017 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    I slept on the floor with light on and people talking. It didn't really helped but I got some sleep. At least enough sleep to do nothing 😋. We started with some curry and root for breakfast. And of course tea because Fijian people drink a lot of tea. And they drink out of a bowl in stead of cup. Then afterwards we got a shower, there's no hot water but no need with 30 degrees. Afterwards we got in the nice clothing again and walked around he town. Around 10 we went to the church and the a few people carried the coffin into the church. One of the kids he was with us in stead of his family because we where guests. Afterwards we walked to the hill in the village. Without coffin it was not easy to get up so I can't imagine how the people went up with the coffin on a steep mud hill.

    It was a really nice place to be buried. During the whole day you didn't had the idea that someone died. Many everyone was happy and the songs in the church sounded happy.

    Then we went down again and went for lunch. Oh yeah most people in the village walk everywhere barefoot. The lunch was really good! It was super tasty. After lunch we finally could get our normal clothes on. Then we lay around and chatted with some people.

    Before we went they called us to drink kava together. We were sitting with a big group of 20 people and they where making kava and drinking it. Even with the sigaretes they shared. They just passed it through to the next person.

    Around 6 pm we left the village, while we where walking towards the car, everyone waved goodbye while we where walking past. It was so nice to see.

    Now on our way back to nadi, what is about 3 hour drive.

    Everything in the village just seems so unreal. All the luxury we got and always complaining about every little thing and never enough money. They have to do everything with a wage of 300 euros a month... Also they don't go to the dentist or brush their teeth, more that half the people above 25 are missing several teeth.. It's just so intense to see this different world!
    Read more