Satellite
  • Day 97

    Rollin, rollin, rollin

    July 16, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Hello Penguins,
    My good friend, Steve Most, recently quipped to Jerry, “Where’s Mari? She must still be in Florida. That’s where she was the last time we heard from her on FindPenguins.” Steve, you no longer have to play, Where’s Mari. I’m here, in Cooperstown, NY and I must say that this part of the state is beautiful. Cooperstown is in Otsego County where Otsego Lake is located. I had never heard of anything Otsego before and all I have seen of it thus far is stunning. Both Cooperstown and Oneonta are quaint, picturesque and in no shortage of breweries with a backdrop of lush, rolling hills, endless farmland and crystal blue water. The National Baseball Hall of Fame is a big attraction but there are many more ways to enjoy your time here. Unfortunately, we scheduled only two days here so we won’t get to explore the many wineries, breweries, distilleries, Glimmerglass State Park and Summer Festival, Farmer’s Museum, Finnemore Art Museum, etc. We are staying at Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground and highly recommend it. It is bucolic, spacious and about 10 miles from town. You must go to Otsego County, NY.

    Since last April we traveled to Savannah, Chattanooga, Asheville, Fries (VA), West Virginia, Virginia, Washington DC, New Jersey, Cleveland, Detroit, Pennsylvania and New York. There’s so much to tell - we had amazing experiences. Since I was such a slacker posting during these travels I’m going to skip the details and say that if you are interested in hearing about any of those locations I’ll be more than happy to go into the details for you. Just connect with me here or email.

    I have a favor to ask:
    We are going to spend the rest of the summer and early fall in Burlington VT, Addison ME, Bethel ME and Cape Cod MA. If you’ve traveled/know these parts and have suggestions/recommendations for things to do, places to see, restaurants, brew pubs, off-the-beaten-path suggestions, etc., please let us know. Hope everyone is well.
    Stay in touch,
    Mari and Jerry
    P.S. Why is it so damn hot? In Burlington, VT now. We are 800 miles north of our old neighborhood in coastal North Carolina and yesterday it was cooler in NC. Go fig-yuh! So much for chasing 70’s.
    Read more