Satellite
  • Day 26

    Last Stop....Athens

    June 14, 2022 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    I’m in Athens! Final leg of this journey. I grab a taxi to my last place and follow the directions to get the keys. Hey, guess what? No stairs!!! I have an elevator!! Very small but an elevator none the less. I’m on the 5th floor, so in goes the luggage and me. Up we go! This place is located in central Athens. There are local shops for food and groceries. It feels like a regular residential neighbourhood. I have a balcony that overlooks the street. This place is clean, modern and spacious. It also has a nice bathroom, mirrors and two working air conditioners! I get settled in and head out for some groceries. I had lunch in Syros, so just a little bit will do for dinner tonight.

    I poke around the apartment here and find a washer, ironing board, iron, plenty of hangers in the closet. The kitchen is well equipped. It even has a microwave! This is the first one I have seen in Greece. It must be the difference between the mainland and the islands. The other first was a toaster. Yep, none of those on the islands either.

    I hop in the shower and thoroughly enjoy the rain shower and so much room in the shower. The last place I had, the shower curtain kept sticking to my butt and the taps were sticking in my stomach. This one just makes you go AHH! I throw in a load of laundry and make myself something to eat. I check out what I have planned for Athens and how to get there.
    Next thing I know, it is time for bed.
    Read more