Satellite
  • Day 2

    Stand up for your right!

    December 18, 2016 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    18/12/16

    Labuan Bajo - Indonesia

    We're both temporarily able to hold our bowels!!!

    So we're off for a walk to find a beach. Check the tides just about low, so we go for it!

    Scrambling around a couple of rocks be predominantly skipping from Rock to rock with the odd bit of sand.

    Work our way out for an hour or so. We have selfies with children one girl was literally hysterical she was that excited! To be fair she basically had a picture of Cheryl Cole and Chewbacca!

    In some areas we paddled through the sea and watched fish swim through our legs.... But then I got attacked by some Tiny things chomping at the feet so high tailed it to regain composure. There was shed loads of round orange coral, crabs and loads of mad shells (each Brett would collect and take home!!)

    The humidity is insane though.... It's 98% really didn't get how it wasn't raining. At least it was cloudy though! Sweating absolute buckets!

    The water in some areas of the bay was as hot as bath water it was crazy. Sand white, the only downside was the litter which came in with the sea.... Apparently this island hasn't got its waste management sorted yet.

    Noblet has a bad turn and we're half way through our water so we turn back.

    We forgot to anticipate the tide coming in though (still 5 hours till high tide but enough to cut off our route). So we had to scramble a lot, full on climbing and also wading through the sea. Pretty dangerous in havianas. Noblet ends up bleeding from three different limbs I managed to get
    Away with just a few stubbed toes. Got back alive so we were winning.... Straight off to the pub for water!

    Only then do we realise we have been seriously seriously sun burnt!! It's painful! We didn't even notice with the sea breeze and clouds and endless perspiring must have washed off our lotion!

    To feel better we both eat a lot of pizza, whilst talking to a lad from Chorley and a bird from aus, who've both moved out to Vietnam teaching English.

    Time to get serious! We've hydrated now right! So off to the paradise bar to get some golden nectar!! It's a bar run by Rastas! One guy has his dreads down to his ankles and that's with it in a ponytail wrapped round a few times. One of them is a city fan FFs.

    We sit chill and wait for the sunset (we don't see it as it's behind storm clouds obvs) and listen to a young rasta murder Bob Marley. It was truly awful. After an hour of war torture the proper lads come on and sort the shit out giving us some nice vibes. Massive healthy looking dog gets our attention and half of the chicken nuggets (the only good they serve here is chicken nuggets OBVS 😂😂😂)

    Then Noblet tells me a fact about Baileys uncle.... Something to do with a song.... Can't remember, must ask! He's surprised I don't know! Damn! Come on brain! >post diary note BAILEYS UNCLE SANG BAD BOYS BEST THING OMG YES<

    We drink ourselves out of money so Noblet dutifully goes back to the 'hotel' to get some more cash! Please can we stay out I slurred.... That's as much as I remember!!!

    Apparently I also tried to get a Belgian girl to come back with us so she wouldn't get murdered and then proceeded to play my iPhone full blast for half an hour in our tiny intimate hotel.... Whupps!!

    Noblet tells me this whilst rolling his eyes excessively

    Man:NOBLET DOING THE CASH RUN
    Donkey:HOLLY BEING DRUNK
    Read more