Satellite
  • Day 1

    GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!

    January 22, 2017 in Laos ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    22/01/17

    Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

    GOOD MORNING VIETNAM

    Ohhhhh... I mis heard 9 hour journey for 17 hour journey, my bad Mr travel agent!!! 😡😡

    To be honest those emojis are a bit over the top! We've gotten quite used to being lied to by travel agents!!

    The best bit on this journey was seeing 9 hours to HCMC at every bus stop (separated by 3 hours each) along the way!

    First stop is to get some dog out of the cash machine... We try 5 to no avail.... Call HSBC... No use. We use the Jaipur technique and Google HSBC and go to a branch.... Success they sort us out so we withdraw millions!

    We go for some food and there is a massive language barrier... Noblet has the bright idea of using his tiger t-shirt to order a beer.... It worked!! 😂

    Monied up we head to the "War remnants museum" formerly the US and China war crimes museum... Awks.

    It was without doubt the most one sided museum we have been to, however the one side was pretty true and was so graffic. I've put some of the photos on just to show how bad it was. Agent orange what a bastard.

    To cheer us up after viewing so many dead people with horrific injuries we decided to go to a water puppet show (having had no luck in Phnom Phen). This is a fantastic children's entertainment medium telling tales of the life of the Vietnamese people.... Aimed at children in their language we naturally found it to be hilarious.

    Their unicorns don't look like our unicorns though.

    After the show (where adults still smoked in the theatre) we wandered into some kind of massive local talent show... We think! In a park there were hundreds of displays of giant (what look like bonsai trees)! There were also fish tank displays, xylophone playing and singing all sorts!

    We lost at darts and balloons and were generally in awe at how mental everything was.

    We also stumbled across a couple of dragons performing the new year dance (in a couple of days everyone is excited!)

    I'm buzzing that we get to go to this restaurant where you have your own BBQ and cook up your own meat how you like it! We get there but all the smoke aggravates noblets illness he is defo not on form... And didn't finish his beer, I knew this was serious!

    Ot ohh not again!

    (Not many photos on my phone all on the camera as I died!)
    Read more