Satellite
  • Day 1

    Day1 - Great Rybugh

    July 2, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    After 24 hours of flying time from Brisbane Australia to London UK we picked up our hire car and headed north. First stop was Cambridge, the university city. Arriving on a Sunday with what appeared to be bicycle events on was probably not ideal. Traffic gridlock on the roads = frustration. However this is the land of queues and traffic chaos at times. First assignment was a Carphone Warehouse store to get U.K. SIM cards and plans for our phones. The GPS hadn't been advised that the shop have moved, but after a yarn to some locals we found the new location. After getting technologically provisioned next stop was lunch. Settled on a pub counter lunch complete with local ales.

    Heading further north on A and B roads saw us land in Great Ryburgh at our AirBnB, outside Fakenham. Great accommodation- clean, secure and well appointed. The building dated back to the 8th century in the foundations and 14th and 15th centuries in other construction, having undergone upgrades and modernization since. While being comfortable, the centuries of history and bygone days are clearly evident. With the effects of jet lag and first days travels we refreshed and retired for the night.
    Read more