Satellite
  • Day 26

    Pike Place Market

    May 19, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Is it the brilliant flowers, the original Starbucks, the masses of people or the huge salmon being thrown around by buff young guys? Yes, it’s all of these things and much much more.

    Sheree is great at choosing well when planning and she chose a hotel between the market and Seattle’s famed Sky Needle. First we rose 40 floors to get a 360 view of Seattle. Sadly the clouds limited the views but this city reminds me somewhat of Sydney for its harbour, waters and treed suburbs.

    Then the market called. Immediately upon arrival we were absorbed by the colours, the smells, the sounds, the diversity of people. The energy in this place is magnetic.

    We paused in an urban garden overlooking the bay for a moment and were amazed at the community spirit here as well.

    There is rule in this place - all marketeers are to be the creators of their craft. Be it painting, sculpture, glass, leather or T-shirt, the originality holds the freshness and ownership well.

    With cruise ships now beginning to arrive and a reputation spanning decades Pike Place Market continues to draw the crowds with its mystique and magic.

    We got drawn in... and loved it!! You will too!
    Read more