Satellite
  • Day 9

    Almaty

    August 30, 2018 in Kazakhstan ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    I didn’t do a lot of touristy stuff, mainly everyday local interactions and observations and walking about to get the feel of the city and its beating heart. As its my first week in Asia I thought I’d pace myself. I didn’t see any cathedrals or palaces but took a, out of buses around the city and noticed how things work and how people interact; about the differences and similarities between Kazakhstan and Ireland or should I say, between Almaty and Dublin.

    That’s about it. There’s, loads more I could write as I’ve seen a lot of things and made, it’s of connections but just haven’t the time to write it all up. Also, I’m trying, with middling success, to focus on process and not just content.

    Sorry I have no pics and there’s just this huge expanse of text. Although the Internet is on my phone I can’t use it as a hotspot to connect my tablet. I write the blog on the tablet and the hotel WiFi is glacially slow so I can it download any images.

    Off tomorrow morning to Bishkek, in the mysterious mountain world of Kyrgyzstan and to the World Nomad Games in Cholpon Ata on the shores of Lake Issyk-Kul. This is the real ancient Central Asia.
    Read more