Satellite
  • Day 7

    Wet beginnings in Oslo

    June 5, 2019 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    Ready to greet the day; both Tom and I slept well....slippers well placed to stop closet from rattling, the sea was calm, we drank our chamomile tea and were sound a sleep by 930pm. Jet lag should be dealt with.

    It is raining in Oslo, pouring. We are undaunted; coats, raincoats and umbrella in hand we leave the ship. Others watch from their staterooms. It is a good sized brolly and I hold it as it’s heavy. Dianne must stay close in order to keep dry but she complains that I’m either bumping into her or she’s getting wet. We are exploring more than a new city, we are exploring a new dynamic in our relationship.

    In our minds, (we are together on this thought) first stop is for coffee and planning! A kind local suggest the bus to the Viking museum! We took our picture of the cathedral first and headed to the bus stop. The new dynamic has us discussing what side of the street to catch the bus. Where to catch it was pretty much mutually agreed upon, but now what side of the street is not. I suggest we cross the street and our bus arrives, only going in the wrong direction. Our bus arrives on the other side of the street and we quickly cross but alas, too late. It comes again in 15 minutes. The rain has not let up and we’re relieved to be finally riding the bus.
    Read more