Satellite
  • Day 5

    St Jean De Pied De port

    August 16, 2019 in France ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We took the bus ftom pamplona in Spain along a narrow winding road through the Basque countryside to St Jean De Pied De port. I ft like I was on a ride at the funfair as the bus flew through the hilly torain.
    I had the google maps on my phone and I could see the Pilgrim path we would be following as it zigzagged its way soften crossing the road.
    When we passed through some of the small towns I was excited knowing that in a few days we would be walking back through them can't wait.

    SJPD is a beautiful town we checked into our aburge "Gite de la Porte Saint Jacques" we were given a private room which was lovely.
    We went into town to explore. We bought bagets for lunch and bought some new bumbags. We also visited the pilgrims hostel where I bought Mt compostella my official pilgrims passport that will allow me to sleep in the aburges along the Way.
    Mo has one from Santiago in Spain so hers is ftom the end of the journey and mine is from the start.
    We went back to the aburge and went to bed for a "nap" it was about 7pm and we slept through to the next day.
    Read more