Satellite
  • Day 22

    Copenhagen, Denmark

    May 24, 2016 in Denmark ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Day 21:

    Three weeks in and we haven't even come close to killing each other. We feel like that's just great. The sleeper train was pretty cool and almost exactly what we imagine an apartment in Tokyo would look like. Also, we believe that there should be one spelling for cities, no matter what language is being spoken. We wanted to go to Copenhagen, got on a train headed for Köpenhamn, and arrived in København.

    With the weather as great as it is, its hard not to fall in love with the city right away. A couple turns out of the station and we had already passed a seasonal amusement park, the national museum, and a drawbridge. We had a few hours to kill, heavy bags on our backs, and we found ourselves drawn to a big park along the river where people were sunbathing and drinking beer. Definitely something we could get used to... So we relaxed for a bit and enjoyed a couple beers outside at a craft beer place nearby.

    We eventually made our way to our apartment. It is situated near a winding canal and has a lovely view of a park big park. Copenhagen is a refreshing contrast of nature and architectual beauty. Having not had a hot meal in over a day, we searched for food nearby. Again, we went authentic with a pizza place. A small fiasco that resulted in a mile and a half sprint for Jason later, we're full, tired, and the sun actually sets at a semi-reasonable time here... I think my drift has been caught.

    We didn't take any pictures, though. Maybe we'll add extras from tomorrow.

    Pictures (25 May):
    Amalienborg, The Little Mermaid, Kastellet windmill, Christiansborg Palace, Frederiks Kirke, a nice stream thing
    Read more