Satellite
  • Day 76

    Working South, via Nakusp, BC

    August 30, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 59 °F

    Really happy we moved to this park from Williamson lake. Loved our site, view of the lake through the trees! Morning sun, there was a lakeside trail right of our site. Everything you want in a site!

    Packed up and on the way out of the park, stopped and walked up to Sutherland waterfall. Just a nice good size waterfall view to start the day with.

    Headed south on 23 to Nakusp. But to get there we had to cross the Upper Arrow lake using the Shelter Bay ferry. The ferry leaves once every hour from 5 am to midnight. It takes a pretty large number of cars and RVs. I think there were at least 4 lanes of vehicles, maybe 5. And it is a free service. Was about a 30 minute crossing, very smooth, very efficient!

    Stopped in at their Visitor Center since I really have done no planning for this leg. We don't have any reservations and are trying to figure best opportunities for campsites over this three day weekend. Not totally clear that this is a Canadian holiday, but apparently they help us Americans celebrate it!

    Had lunch "lakeside" at the old Leland Hotel. Very nice, outdoor patio, with a big, long, lake view! Walked around a bit and then headed south to try and find a campsite. The Visitor Center thought maybe a park about an hour or so south, Rosebery.

    Got to the park about 2:30 and they only had 2 sites left so we grabbed one. All the rest were full or reserved. Only 30 plus sites, but not a lot of options. The drive has been beautiful, following these long lakes, but this is not a main tourist corridor so less overnight options.

    Since we were in early we both actually did sit and read for an hour or so. I have to very my book club book read, Column of Fire, and I still have about 300 pages to go!

    Walked Auggie, fixed some dinner, and went back to my book!
    Read more