Satellite
  • Day 13

    Beautiful day in Astoria

    August 22, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    Gorgeous day in Astoria, wet weather gone and lots of blue skies!
    Drove back to Astoria, stopping for coffee and marionberry scones. We love our morning stops...
    We stopped at the Columbia River Maritime museum first. This is a great museum to visit with lots of info on the river, the Coast Guard, the weather, the fishing... just well done. Particularly interesting because this location, for ships entering the river, is one of the most dangerous ports due to the "collision" of the river with the ocean at the river "bar".
    We had a late lunch at Mos, our first indoor dining experience since leaving Fresno. They handled the social distancing really well, tables far apart and well scrubbed between seatings, staff with masks... and we enjoyed our fish lunch with a view of the marina.
    Back in the jeep and up to the Astoria column. The column itself is not open, but the views from the park are fabulous. Especially on such a clear day. On the way down just drove the neighborhood looking at some fabulous old Victorians perched on the hill overlooking the Columbia.
    Back to our RV location in Seaside.
    Read more