Satellite
  • Day 151

    Into Moab

    October 19, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    Continued our drive to Moab, Utah. Since we missed getting into Arches on the way out to Michigan we really wanted try to and get into the park on this trip. And it looks like the weather is going to cooperate! Forcast shows sunshine with partial clouds, low 60s.

    About an hour from Moab stopped at a scenic pull out that had a little interpretive walk that we could take. "Walk thru Time", a short walk through some ravines that had been explored and excavated for fossils. Felt good to be out walking and just enjoying the scenery. Ate some lunch in the RV and started looking for housing options in Moab.

    Called ahead to get an RV park and was surprised to find that some were full, and pretty expensive here. Up in the $70 range. I am getting so gun shy trying to pick these parks online... the pictures are often a little misleading, and the reviews vary widely!

    Anyway ended up at Canyonland RV Resort with out realizing that I had picked one right in the middle of town. But as I figured that out, the clerk had already indicated that if we stayed 2 nights we would get the 3rd night free! So we stayed with the reservation. As it turns out, the park is tight, but trees petty mature, and it's kind of nice to know we can walk for dinner or a coffee. Think we will be fine here, and we are at the back of the park. Laundry and restrooms clean.

    Got in early, about 3, and since we will be here a couple of days, I got all caught up on laundry. Should be okay until we get to Mendocino. Actually made a meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner!
    Read more