Satellite
  • Day 6

    Goodbye Kathmandu

    January 16, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ 🌫 2 °C

    This morning I leave Kathmandu and travel to Lamjung with the volunteer organization. I will be travelling with a lady from the town who is returning after having spent some time in Kathmandu. It looks like I am the only volunteer at this time. So, instead of helping with construction I will be assisting with daily tasks and probably teaching in the school. Originally, I had planned on volunteering in two places, but after speaking with the volunteer coordinator, I may stay in the first place for a longer time instead. He will be bringing a group of 10 volunteers from Japan with him to this first location in Lamjung in a few weeks, and a group will be able to do some construction work rather than only teaching. We'll just see how it goes I suppose :)

    The trip to Lamjung is supposed to be about a 5 hour ride by bus and then about a 2 hour walk up a gravel road to the town. If required, we can hire a jeep to drive us instead of walking. We'll see how my knee is holding up and how intense the walk looks. It's also supposed to be warmer there than it is here which will be welcome! It's quite chilly in the mornings before the sun comes out.
    Read more