Satellite
  • Day 65

    Muay Thai Fights

    March 16, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 30 °C

    After the cooking class we went to see some Muay Thai Fights. We decided to do the VIP package which was essentially $40 for unlimited beer or Whiskey and premium seating to watch the fights. What stood out the most to me for the entire experience was the fact that the entire arena smelled like those lifesaver mints... The fights were amateur and I have to be honest I didn't really like watching the young boys fighting. Seemed that they should be out playing soccer in the streets not wearing ankle braces because they've already injured themselves a bunch. But that's just my thoughts! The "older" boys (probably about my age) fighting were talented. I dunno, I eventually just ended up talking to a few other people by the bar instead of watching because it wasn't as intriguing as I thought it would be. Funny, because I thought I'd have enjoyed it!

    After the fights were over and we had taken sufficient advantage of the free drinks we all hopped into our song taos and went back to the hotel. Or at least that was the plan until some people noticed that we happened to go right by Spicy and it seemed to be a good idea to go to the after bar :p So we went for a bit, I had an overpriced drink and then it started to get so busy you could hardly move. So Ciara and I decided to leave and go back to the hotel. Stopped for some Khao Soi on the way of course! (Still sure I'm spelling that wrong but oh well, that's the noodles in curry that you can only get in Northern Thailand).
    Read more