Satellite
  • Day 92

    Grand Canyon Hangdong Chiang Mai

    April 12, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 38 °C

    Today was another take it easy day. Bagels again breakfast after waking up on our own time, hanging around the hotel for a bit, and then off to the Grand Canyon Waterpark! That was fun. It's basically a big crater filled with water that's popular for swimming on a hot day. And for cliff jumping. I jumped once because, why not? It was very controlled and regulated. You were required to throw a life jacket down to two men who's sole job was to stay in the water and make sure you were okay when you landed in the water. You were also required to always have a life jacket near you while in the water, so we turned ours into seats and sat in the water for a few hours watching people jump. Some were crazy, diving, doing flips, going naked... Fun times! I also had a fantastic spaghetti there for lunch. Can't wait to have a bowl of Mom's when I'm home!

    On our way home the beginnings of the Songkran celebrations were underway even through they aren't supposed to start until tomorrow. We were soaked by buckets of water while sitting in the back of the truck.. The next few days should be fun!
    Read more