Satellite
  • Day 96

    X-Centre, Chiang Mai

    April 16, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today was a slow start. Kind of. I had breakfast at about 7am because I couldn't sleep and then went back to bed until noon. First priority was washing all those disgusting clothes... And taking antibiotics because I definitely ingested some of that water. One of our friends actually went in to the hospital last night because it was so bad for him and that's what they recommended for him. So we'll see if the antibiotics and then probiotics work for me. If not I'll be seeing a doctor in Sydney! It's all just intestinal discomfort and I'm sure that it'll be fine in a few days...

    But anyways, in the afternoon we went ad a large group to the extreme sports centre or X-Centre. I didn't participate but had a lot of fun watching others do drift carting, bungee jumping, and xorbing. The xorbs were my favourite haha. Looked like fun!! So did the drift carting but I didn't want to be in a car that was being bounced around with the condition my body is in lol. It was good to participate though!

    Afterwards we went to a Sports bar for some pizza before retuning home for a nap. It's our last night together in Chiang Mai so I felt obligated to go out with everyone. I napped until 9:45 and then met up with the group. I managed to make myself a pretty damn good Bloody Mary that helped me feel a bit better. But I still wasn't up for continuing the party when the bar closed at midnight and went back to bed for a solid nights sleep.

    Oh, today we also learned that 226 people died over the last 4 days of Songkran.. Mostly vehicle or alcohol related.... And over 5000 were injured... Dangerous holiday to be on the roads! Glad we all came out unscathed :)
    Read more