Satellite
  • Day 11

    Valencia, Spain

    May 22, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After catching our 10 AM bus in Granada, we landed in Valencia around supper time and checked into our Airbnb. The location was much better than what we initially thought, with the apartment in the very middle of Valencia’s biggest and well known Plaza. Exhausted from our long bus ride, we settled for supper with continuing our trend of trying McDonald's in every country. It was better than back home but nothing compared to Portuguese Mcdicks.

    On our second morning we started the day off by heading to the Valencia Central Market, located nearby our apartment. After browsing through the insane amount of prosciutto and fresh seafood, we got some quick breakfast then headed out to rent some bicycles. After searching around Valencia without any luck, we located a bike repair shop where they pointed out a rental spot down the road. There was a long bike path that ran alongside a winding stretch of the city, and we spent two hours cruising along only stopping for a quick beer at a bar on the way.

    After returning our bikes, we headed back to our apartment to cook up some chicken and veggies we had bought earlier in the day at the market. Later on we powerhoured some beers and headed out to a nearby bar popular with exchange students. We didn't realize it was exam time for university students in Valencia, so the bar wasn't packed, but we met a few Americans there. One of the girls we met took us to another bar with 50 cent shots, and after that we headed to the last bar of the night. It was the most packed bar we had been to that night, full of Florida and Georgia State Exchange students. Unfortunately we had an 10 AM flight the next day so we had to leave the bar early. After a rough wake up we bused to the airport and headed out for a crazy couple days in Ibiza.
    Read more