Satellite
  • Day 33

    Berlin

    October 8, 2015 in Germany ⋅ 🌬 8 °C

    Another wet travel day for the intrepid travellers. The trip was supposed to be about 4 and a half hours by train from Prague to Berlin. We got off to a bad start when I couldn't find the office to return the key to our apartment. When we got that sorted we had another problem when we couldn't figure out the Czech name of the train station to give to the Uber app as a destination. When we finally got that sorted we ran into some fierce Prague traffic. I never quite got worried that we might miss the train, but someone might have.
    The train ended up taking nearer to 5 and a half hours for some reason. Fortunately we had a really nice train compartment full of people to travel with - an American couple from Key West which sounds like a pretty wild place and an Irish couple from Ireland (now there's a surprise). It seemed like a never ending stream of stories without anyone having to even try. Such a help on a long trip that gets delayed even more.
    It was really raining when we arrived in Berlin and when we finally got a cab and got to the apartment the guy looking after it had gotten tired of waiting and gone so we had to call him and then he had to come back and by the time we were settled in we were done!!
    Still - better than a rainy day travelling than sightseeing.
    Read more