Satellite
  • Day 33

    Barcelona

    October 14, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We had an interesting day in Barcelona. The plan was simple - we would hop on the bus outside the hotel door, ride as far as we could towards the port cable car ride the cable car up on to Montjuic and have a poke around up there. Finally we could wend our way down again and make further plans depending on how the first part of the day went.
    Problems began when the bus dumped everyone out about a third of the way to the cable car. It transpired that there were major political demonstrations to do with the Catalan independence movement and the bus was going no further. All efforts to find a metro which would take us to the cable car proved fruitless, so the plan was changed we would take the funicular up Montjuic and ride the cable car down to the beach. That started well, but when we got off the funicular we ended up in the wrong line (a specialty of mine) and so lost the wait time. Then we had to find the right cable car which took a while with a couple of missteps along the way. So not quite to plan, but quite a ride nevertheless.
    The rest of the day was spent enjoying a relatively car free Barcelona. Before heading back to the hotel for a bit of rest before dinner and our flamenco and guitar show the lovely Palau de Musical.
    Read more