Satellite
  • Day 12

    Christmas Day!

    December 25, 2019 in England ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    Merry Christmas!
    It was yet another slow morning for us. Still on country side time and with that English Winter outside all you want to do is stay in bed all morning. We relaxed, cooked up some Christmas brekky and opened all our presents. Most were silly little gimmick gifts but others were brilliant. A Christmas morning well spent!

    We checked out around lunch time and hit the road in our little blue Vauxhall once again. Our next destination, the Lakes District. Jo took the wheel this time and we knew as soon as we hit the Lakes district we were going to love this place. With such short days the sun was beginning to set across the rolling green hills, moss covered stones walls, and picturesque farm houses. Sheep grazed in the green fields and every tree seemed to be covered in twists of bright green vines. It was like a scene straight out of Lord of the Rings or I dunno… Pride & Prejudice?

    My point being, this place was incredible! We took a back street farm road to the main town of Windemere. We could have really taken our time as we cruised through this amazing scenery, but there there was only one problems. Jo possibly drank too much water, we’d been on the road for a couple of hours, and Queen Lizzy’s Christmas speech was going to start as soon as we arrived… meaning she was driving like a crazed rally car driver! We rollercoastered over and around the rolling green hills and made it safely to our BnB in Bowness-on-Windemere. I couldn’t open the door fast enough in fear of Jo kicking the door in!

    She made it, and we also got to see Lizzy’s speech.

    The sun was just about to disappear so we made the most of it and headed out to explore the beautiful lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windemere.

    We managed to find a restaurant open for a Christmas dinner of some pretty heavy food, and played cards while sipping mulled wine before heading back.
    Read more