Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 13: Amalfi Coast, Italy

    July 3, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today we did the most amazing hike. The views we saw looked like came right out of a calendar or desktop. We did the hike "Path of the Gods" from Bomerano to Nocelle and then walked down the steps to Positano. It's debatable online as to how many steps there is, but we think at least 1,000. We ended up meeting a guy from Montreal, Richard, who was really nice and hiked the majority of the way with us.

    Our plan was to go back to Amalfi to go swimming after our hike, but we decided to jump a bus to Sorrento instead and it did not disappoint. Such a nice place! There are all private beaches there though, so we had to squeeze on the only private free beach (because that 8 Euros can get us 4 gelato instead...) :)

    That brings me to saying that I forgot how much I missed the gelato here, but then again, probably best that we don't have it back home because I'd have it every day. The pistachio is my absolute favourite. Sounds weird, but it's honestly a must.

    We then had supper with Richard and my caprese ravioli was to die for. The only thing in Italy is they serve the food super weirdly. They don't serve them as appetizers (we ordered bruschetta) and most of the time they serve it last or one plate at a time.

    To end off the night, we were going to catch the 50 minute train from Sorrento and Amalfi, but turns out the last one was at 9:30 so we missed it (by 7 minutes). We had to wait for the 11 o'clock bus and it took 2 and a half hours to get back to Naples.

    Regardless of the time it took, our day was amazing and we are totally dead. 😴 Too bad I can't add more than six pictures to this post because it doesn't do it justice.
    Read more