Satellite
  • Day 14

    Day 14: Pompeii, Italy

    July 4, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Pompeii was the town that was destroyed when Mount Vesuvius erupted. They've actually built a whole new city around it, but they've kept the ruins and it's pretty big. We spent four hours there and still didn't feel like we saw much.

    For those who ever go, we highly suggest a walking tour. It's confusing and hard to get all the information without a tour guide and the audio tours weren't the best. We didn't know we could go to the entrance and wait for them to collect a larger tour for us to take it with a bunch of people as the tour guide said it would be 100 Euros for just the two of us. Regardless, the sights were really cool and it was interesting to see how they lived back then. They even had mummified bodies of the people. It was hard to look at. Since they were covered in ash, they were able to fill them with plaster and show the position and what they looked like after carving the excess away.

    For the night, we went to a nice restaurant and had amazing spaghetti and meatballs and pasta with seafood. We also went to Lush and H&M which made us have a nice taste of back home.
    Read more