Satellite
  • Day 20

    Day 20: Pisa, Italy & Viareggio, Italy

    July 10, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Since the museum was closed on Monday, we decided to take the day to go see the leaning tower of Pisa and relax by the beach.

    The leaning tower of Pisa was actually really cool, but it's essentially one of the very few things to do in Pisa. You can visit for half a day and feel satisfied that you've seen the city. When you get to the tower, it's really funny to see everyone posing for their pictures as if they're either holding up the tower and pushing it down. We fit right in when we started taking ours.

    After our visit to Pisa, we took a train to Viareggio. We ate at this cute local pizzeria and then headed to the beach. The local (free) part of the beach is about 1:100th of the whole thing, but we found a good spot and spent a good four hours enjoying the sun. Zoe and I got some nice burns.

    When we headed back, we planned to cook ourselves a meal with the food we bought, but we were just too tired so we stopped and had a nice bite to eat close to our hostel. We were slightly dreading heading back to our room, but it didn't turn out so bad because we put aloe which felt really nice when the fan hit it and we left the door open which let in some cooler air.
    Read more