Satellite
  • Day 45

    Day 45: Zurich, Switzerland

    August 4, 2017 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    The first thing that came out of people's mouths when we asked them how they liked Switzerland was "its expensive". We knew it was going to be more expensive, but we really weren't expecting THAT expensive. To give you a good idea, it costs $9 CAD for a small coffee at Starbucks and $33 for a bottle of contact solution. If you want a Big Mac trio at McDonalds, you're looking at $20 CAD, but at least a Swiss Army Knife is cheap.

    After our minor lapse of shock, we took the scenic route to the Zurich Zoo. Zurich is actually really nice and the zoo was a lot of fun. We saw monkeys so up close. We saw gorillas, elephants, sloths (!!) and more. It was a nice way to spend the day and we even got to see a Seal show.

    On our way to our hostel from Zurich, we had to take three separate trains, but we made every one of them and was able to make the check in before 10 pm (woot).

    Zoe compared our running from station to station to make our 4 minute transfer time to suiting up for mission impossible. It must be funny to watch us run with our big backpacks on our backs, small backpacks on our front and two reusable bags full of food. We think we're running fast, but we look like two penguins.

    As for our hostel, it's really nice and cozy and our view is incredible. We've got a waterfall right outside our window.

    I heard that visiting Switzerland was my grandmother's dream. I'll try my best to see the most for the both of us. <3
    Read more