Satellite
  • Day 47

    Day 47: Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

    August 6, 2017 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Today it rained, rained and rained, so we went to a cafe to figure out our game plan for the day and take advantage of the Swiss chocolate (or at least I did). Zoe is all about the cappuccinos. She actually made me laugh right when I was taking a picture as she made fun of me for being so excited about my hot chocolate and cake. The blueberry cake was exactly like how my grandmother used to make it! And the bathrooms had black toilet paper. She would have loved Switzerland. <3

    After our snacks, we took on the walk to Trummelbach Falls. It had stopped raining so we were confident that we could do the 40 minute walk. It starting pouring on us half way through and we got soaked, but we heard that the Falls were a good activity for a rainy day (the falls are inside a cave). Turns out, it's only inside for a small portion so we still got rained on, but the falls were really cool. It drains from the three largest Alps in the area and the current is so strong. We met a nice lady from Wisconsin who got lost on the walk there so we walked all together and she was nice enough to take pictures for us.

    After the falls, we took the bus back as it was pouring and we were so excited to shower. Once again, one of the best showers of this trip. We then made dinner, chicken with zucchini, mushrooms and pesto pasta. It turned out really good and we have leftovers for our lunch tomorrow. We also met two girls from Oregon who we will be meeting up with in Munich and a nice couple from Washington. Seems like everyone we talk to is heading to Munich from here so we seem to be heading in the right direction. :)
    Read more