Satellite
  • Day 57

    Day 57: Prague, Czech Republic

    August 16, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today we did two walking tours. One of the city of Prague itself and one of the Prague Castle. They were both pretty cool and interesting. We got poured on for a good part of the day, but we learnt a lot and met some cool people, including a fellow Canadian!

    We walked around and saw the Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, Mozart Theatre, Old Jewish District, Old New Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery, Powder Tower, and more. It was a really interesting tour. We also found Chris' doppelgänger (it was hilarious). After the first tour, about ten of us went to a local restaurant and had some authentic Czech food. I had Beef Goulash with dumplings and a potato latke and it was actually really good.

    On the castle tour, we saw a lot of cool things too: the Loreto, Černín Palace, Hradčany square, Masaryk statue, Schwarzenberg Palace, Matías Gate, St. Vitus Cathedral, Malá Strana (The Lesser Quarter), Hradčany (The Castle District), St. Nicholas Church, St. George’s Basilica, Royal Courtyards, The Black Tower, John Lennon Wall, and Charles Bridge.

    The John Lennon wall was created after his assassination so he never actually went to it and we saw how high the water got from the last flood in 2002. We also saw the non-smiling, no matter what guards by the castle and had amazing views of Prague.
    Read more