Satellite
  • Day 68

    Day 68: Paris, France

    August 27, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    This morning we woke up and made our breakfast of cereal, yoghurt and banana. Trying to finish up the last of our food before heading out.

    After breakfast, we made our way to the Louvre and spent about 2 hours there to see the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Hermaphroditos Asleep, the Victory of Samotrace, Great Sphinx of Tanis, the Wedding Feast at Cana, and more. Apparently, if you spend 60 seconds looking at each item in the Louvre, for a steady 8 hours, it would take you 75 days to see everything in there.

    So after seeing the main things we wanted to see, we headed out towards les Jardins de Luxembourg (not before eating a macaroon which was amazing and making our way to a bakery to buy a fresh baguette and Boursin cheese). Our little picnic was really nice, but everyone else there put our picnic to shame with their spreads. The weather was gorgeous though and the gardens were nicer than what I remember them to be.

    After a nap and some relaxing in the gardens, we headed over towards the catacombs. The wait was an hour and a half so we opted to head back to shower before heading out to dinner and to our Moulin Rouge show (which was honestly amazing). I've never seen anything like it and I'm so happy we went. Even though it was at 11pm-1am and we are old grannies with colds.
    Read more