Satellite
  • Day 4

    Enjoying Ljubljana

    June 1, 2019 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    We spent a relaxing day strolling the pedestrian-only city center of Ljubljana. After sleeping in a little, we met Mark and Carina at an outdoor cafe for a kava (coffee). The Ljubljanans enjoy their riverside restaurants, good locally sourced food, excellent wines, and music, so we joined in! We strolled the city, did a little shopping, tried some gelato, visited the Tivoli Gardens (stopping for coffee and lemonade, of course), and enjoyed an excellent dinner at Julija Restaurant. The weather was beautiful, except for a brief shower during dinner.The waiter just scooted the table farther under the umbrella and we were fine.
    After dinner, we strolled a bit more, as Carina was on the hunt for kremšnita. Mark had noticed a little bar called Nostalgia, so we ended there for pivo (beer) and drinks.
    On our way back to our hotel, we noticed a gallery with some cool interactive lighting displays, so we stopped in there. We also looked in on a gin festival in the courtyard of a former monastery. I thought the security might check our ID and say we were too old, but they let us in. We didn't stay long, but enjoyed the music and people-watching.
    Read more