Satellite
  • Day 9

    Saturday of first week

    August 25, 2018 in Chile ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Been so busy this week school in the mornings and an excursion every afternoon. On Monday the museum that was closed. Tuesday to the biggest shopping centre in Santiago but did not buy anything. On Wednesday to ride on the cable carto see The Sanctuary of the Immaculate Conception on San Cristóbal Hill is onee of the principal places of worship , as well as being an icon of Santiago, Chile. It is notable in particular for a large statue of the Immaculate Conception, which is located at the summit of San Cristóbal Hill, some 863 meters above sea level. The virgin del carmen is seen as the protector of chile.

    On Thursday we were shown and helped prepare Ceviche also cebiche, seviche or sebiche, is a seafood dish typically made from fresh raw fish cured in citrus juices, such as lemon or lime, and spiced with ají, chili peppers or other seasonings including chopped onions, salt, and cilantro.

    The ceviche was served with fresh bread and tasted wonderful.

    On Friday of to vineyards to see the wine making process at Concha y Toro. Concha y Toro is the largest producer of wines from Latin America and is one of the global leaders in its field. It is headquartered in Santiago, Chile. When first established robbers came to steal the wine barrels. To stop the robber from coming again the owner put out a story saying that satin lived in the cellars. Well it worked and no more barrels disappeared.

    Today Saturday went Isla del Negra one of Pablo Neruda's three houses in Chile. Pablo was a famous poet winning the Nobel Peace Prize he also represented Chile in diplomatic roles. La casa is located at Isla Negra, a coastal area of El Quisco commune, located about 45 km south of Valparaíso and 96 km west of Santiago. It was his favorite house and where he and his third wife, Matilde Urrutia, spent the majority of their time in Chile. Neruda, a lover of the sea and all things maritime, built the home to resemble a ship with low ceilings, creaking wood floors, and narrow passageways. A passionate collector, every room has a different collection of bottles, ship figureheads, maps, ships in bottles, and an impressive array of shells, which are located in their own "Under the Sea" room.
    Had a good look over the ocean but could not see Australia. Also went to small town Pomaire a market for tourist very enjoyable. Pic 1 pomaire
    Pic 2 Isla del Negra
    Pic 3 concha y Toro
    Pic 4 ceviche
    Pic 5 virgin del carmen
    Pic 6 professors escuela
    Read more