Satellite
  • Day 19

    Debbies House

    February 23, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    Sunday night, Nora Tobi and I went ot to Thai Thani Thai to celeday. We were all super tired and went dressed comfy. It was the hands down best Thai food I ever had! When we got home, I fell asleep immediately on the couch and eventually moved upstairs in the middle of the night. They had work in the morning, so we said our farewells, and I nestled in on the couch to finish our show before heading to Debbie's house.

    When I arrived at Debbie's, we were both hungry, so she drove us to BJs Restayrant, and we had a wonderful lunch and caught up on lots of things, including the Park Drama. Apparently, Ben, Alex, and Andres booths are no longer welcome at SOSMP either. Teena, Robin, and James refuse to offer explanations to Debbie or anyone for that matter. I must admit that I am a little relieved to no longer be alone on the trespass island. She thinks it is because the trio of assholes believes Andres is involved in illegal activity, and because Ben and Alex's crew once set up without them present and a patron brought in a bag of wine and threw it under their booth to hide it. Security came running to take it and also to just ruin the livelihood of a long-standing vendor. It's amazing how dark that place has become in my mind.

    We came back to Debbie's after unsuccessfully trying to schedule massages for us both at Massage Envy. She worked on emails, and I worked on sifting through the massive amounts of photos from my recent trips. Kyland came home, and Debbie suggested we all go to the Rodizio restaurant, a Brazilian Steakhouse. I had never been to in before, so I was super excited. We waited until about 7 and drove over, where we were given a 45-minute wait estimate. So we walked over to the arcade that wasn't far and got a couple of drinks and played the largest pac man and Galaga game in the world. It was so fun! When our table was ready, we headed back over to Rodizio and had one of the most beautiful and delicious meals ever! The steaks were incredibly juicy, and I ate a whole lot! I even tried their classic Brazilian drink. I can't remember what it is called now, but it was delicious!

    After dinner, we went back to the arcade to use up our points card. We played a little more pac man. I dominated at air hockey and connected four basketballs, and we just had a really great time playing around. When we had used up our points, Kyland chose some toys from the ticket trade in place, and we came home where I again passed out on the couch uncomfortable full from dinner.

    Yesterday, Tuesday, we got up and went walking with Debbie's girlfriends at the park. We power walked 4 miles, and I am sore from that! Debbie walks really fast. We all plotted to go out to lunch later, and when we returned home, Debbie let me try some of her NATs and kind of showed me all her different products from Pruvit that she loves. I'm pretty psyched to try this stuff out! Apparently, it puts your body into ketosis without changing your diet or exercise routine, and Mark has already lost like 27lbs from just drinking these delicious keto drinks!

    We met the gals at Bonsai sushi and had a fun girls lunch. I ate 2 of the same sushi rolls because it was so delicious. Suen bought lunch, which was rediculously sweet of her, and Debbie and I walked over to the Chinese massage place to see if they could get us in for a quickie. They could! We each got the most efficient 30-minute massages next to each other. Our therapists wasted no time getting deep into our muscles, and it was fantastic! I felt completely worked over and relaxed. He was pulling on my arms, twisting them and stretching me out in the best way.

    When we finished up with that goodness, we came home and did some phone and computer work until sunset time. Shelley, Debbie's sister, has a membership to a really nice lake club, and we drove over there for a gorgeous sunset and seltzer time. Shelley joined us on the dock and invited us over to her place for some patio drinks once it got chilly to them. She has the most beautiful back patio with a gmlagoon pool, grotto hot tub, and what looks like it is usually a waterfall. We chilled out, caught up, and just relaxed. When Shelley and Mike were about to eat dinner, we came back to Debbie's to wait for Sierra! She was coming to give us reiki massages from St. Pete! I had thought she lived in St Augustine, and I wouldn't get to see her this trip. Debbie made a really lovely dinner of crockpot shredded chicken and salad that we ate when Sierra arrived at about 830. We smoked some bowls, and she started on Debbie first. I sat on the couch and scanned in all of my receipts to Dropbox since the new year and dozed off. They woke me when it was my turn, and I hopped up on the table. Everything started out awesome, and I had all the tingly feels. Then, about 10 minutes in, she started doing extremely light pressure and like holding her fingers on places on my body that felt like it was doing literally nothing. This gave me some serious ants in my pants, and I had the urge to fidget. The whole massage went downhill from there. She wasn't massaging in a moving sense. She just kept doing super light holds, and I was becoming angry and antsy. When I fidgeted, she thought it was too much pressure and asked me, so I told her I could do much more pressure. She began just squeezing the same parts of my muscles over and over again in the same exact spots. It was not enjoyable. It hurt, and she only worked on my back! I kept thinking surely she must be about to move onto an arm or a leg, but no, she just annihilated my shoulder muscles more. So now I feel very uneven. My back and shoulders are all loose, but my arms and legs are completely neglected. I will probably go to a massage envy on my way back to or in Dothan just to get the rest of my body worked out! I'm pretty disappointed in my massage from Sierra. I was really looking forward to some great healing, but the whole thing was just annoying and lacked flow. I also think she massaged us each for 90 minutes when I thought we were only doing 60. So that'll probably set me back about a hundred bucks or more. It's a wash, really, because Debbie has been paying for like everything since I got here. She is so nice and has all these coupons from her barter website. So I hadn't really bought a meal or a massage this whole time, so it's less of a hit to pay a lot for a massage that I just didn't enjoy.

    Today I head over to see Molli Williams in Daytona Beach! I haven't seen her for YEARS, and we used to be best friends in Illinois. I am really looking forward to connecting with her! I'm pretty sure she's all the way self-employed now with her and Tim's Ritual Apparel, and I am just so proud of them. So, I will stay with her tonight and get up and go back to Alabama tomorrow. I want to spend another week with my dad before heading back up to Illinois to crush another month of production. It always feels like there isn't enough time..
    Read more