Satellite
  • Day 41

    Pacasmayo

    January 5, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    After leaving Lobitos we are now in Pacasmayo, it just took a 7hr bus ride and a 1 and a half hour mini bus ride. As a bonus we are traveling with our new Argentinian friends which is a lot of fun. It also makes the language barrier easy and gives me someone to surf with.
    Pacasmayo is potentially the longest left in the world. Chicama which is an hour and a half away fights pacasmayo for the title but pacasmayo is usually bigger, is amazing for kitesurfing and a beautiful little town at the end which is amazing after being in Lobitos.
    Driving here from Trujillo is nothing but dry Sandy desert however when you go for a surf the shoreline is covered in loose boulders/pebbles which are extremely slippery and painful considering the state of my foot (Fractured sesmoid). The water is also really cold. Interesting that on this trip i have pretty much worn a full length wetsuit everywhere except Ecuador. Even the galapogus islands which are on 0° latitude. However now it's seriously cold.
    Sadly the waves aren't pumping despite a 3-5foot forecast and on top of that there isn't any wind.
    Tonight we bus down to Lima where we will spend a couple of nights before heading to Cusco
    Read more