Satellite
  • Day 22

    Paris makes it's mark

    July 18, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We're not up and going until after 12, best sleep in so far this trip.

    First to Aux Délices de Manon, not the best patisserie, but certainly our favourite, and one of the few places that always have a St Honore waiting for Gab.

    Next to Abraxas Saint-Honore for a Fleur-de-lis on my right wrist by Kawika. It's our 21st anniversary next week, I've been thinking of this tattoo for a long time, where more romantic to brand myself as Gab's than in her favourite city. Whilst waiting for my tattoo Bux watches a girl get an upper ear piercing, a wincing teary face leaves the piercing room putting a dash of fear into the Bux. This is followed by Kawika lecturing us about the dangers of the piercing guns, she's convinced she is no longer in a hurry to get it done, bonus points!

    Finally, we're at Galleries Lafayette to replace my busted bag. Gab can't resist a Kipling for herself but I find out about Delsey, a French brand with a unique double zip closure - I'm sold. Bux has embraced the culture, adopting the Evian spritz spray for her tender young skin. Fid an I hang out at the oyster bar under the dome, crab sandwiches and affligem make for a great way to pass the hour of the girls shopping for dresses upstairs.

    Our very first time in Paris we stopped at the Hippo up from the Opera, Fid took a photo of us there. With the sleepy hot meltdowns well underway, I drag the kids in for a steak dinner while Gab finishes her time in the Galleries. It's quick dinner and bed for all.
    Read more