Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Thessaloniki

    April 15, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We had a mini sleep in today. Our bed was awful. It's a $3 sponge mattress. We headed to Aristotelous Square. I like Thessaloniki more than Athens already. It has grass. The square was great, so spacious! People were doing yoga and playing with their dogs. It was a combo of park and walkways, It had a statue of Aristotle too.
    No one has their dog on a lead but we saw our first couple of stray dogs without collars. They are so clever, they lined up with everyone to cross the road and waited until the green man hahah. They seem so well fed. Everyone treats them with well and no one yells at them. They are just a part of society lol.
    We walked down to the water, we found a TGI Friday's so we had some brunch. I LOVE BUFFALO WINGS. There was a cat in the resturant and a man got out some ham from his bag and fed it <3 <3
    Not sure if it's there policy to refill drinks or they just gave us a free round but we got soft drink for free :)
    We went for a walk down the port. Lots of people trying to sell crap. More Africans saying they were having another concert tonight..
    We visited the White Tower. 4€ entry with a free audio guide. It basically showed the journey of Thessaloniki and how it came to be how it is today. At one point it was used as a jail and place people were executed but they didn't have any info on that. More info of the city itself.
    The view from the top was lovely. The water was a nice change from Athens. The water did have brown lines in it. Will is convinced its human poo. I'm undecided however it sure did look like it -.-
    We had drinks at the cafe next door. We walked by a tour bus company which we are thinking of doing tomorrow.
    It took us 10 minutes to open the front door. It's going in my review. Shocking.
    I had a nap when we got home and Will went to the gym, or at least that was his plan - he returned soon after very disappointed because it was closed for Easter holidays.
    I had to open the door for him... GAH!
    I had an hour snooze, needed it!
    We went looking for dinner but EVERYWHERE was closed, or only sold drinks. Lots of dogs in the park - there were groups of the that made me happy cause they had a friend but a few random individuals that I wanted to hug.
    We walked a few km a found a lovely resturant.
    Greek food.
    We had an awkward moment when paying where they misheard Will so they brought the wrong change back so we had to ask for money.
    The walk back was quick and now we are home and probably going to watch a movie.
    Read more