Satellite
  • Day 55

    Veliko Tarnovo

    May 28, 2017 in Bulgaria ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Missed the tour I planned to do. Too tired and couldn't be bothered. The town is so small I feel like I've seen the main points and Will didn't want to come anyway so my motivation went way down.
    Got up at 12 and had tzatziki because Will ate all the cereal 😒
    And we literally haven't done a thing since. I think we are both quite bored of Bulgaria. Though truly beautiful we both are ready to move on.
    We spent about an hour arguing about whether I could buy another magnet or not. I want to buy the same magnet I already have - the rose, except in Pink because we picked pink roses and not red. He says I cant because I already bought one. I would accept this argument if buying another magnet cost more that 70c and if I had bought lots of souvenirs- but I haven't I have only bought 1 magnet per country which is amazing considering my normal souvenir buying rates.
    He also won't let me buy a postcard for my grandma because I already bought a post card for my book.... he can shove it, I'm going to buy one for her.
    He ended up getting sick of my whining and I went up the the shops. On the way it started torrential raining so i ducked into a shop - I amused myself in there for 15 mins waiting for it to stop - I found an even better, cheaper magnet and bought it instead. It had PINK roses and the fortress + Alexander Nevsky Cathedral- a much fuller picture of our Bulgarian experience.
    I BROKE THE BANK AND SPEND 1 LEV..... 😱
    We are now going to have a nap and pack later. I'm having a tea because I felt dizzy when walking and should up my water intake.
    We are hoping our Bnb host offers to drive us to the station tomorrow - he originally offered to pick us up from it so hopefully he reverses the gesture, lol.
    Ok so I had a nap while Will watched car videos.

    Noteworthy experience:
    I had a shower earlier and brushed my teeth, spat the toothpaste out but as I was sitting in the shower some of it caught my knee.. my knee literally felt minty fresh for about an hour afterwards. Will scoffed me off and said I have autism again but it was literally so bizarre i had to tell him.
    Didn't know a knee could feel minty fresh.

    Will wanted a kebab for dinner so we went walking to the cheapo place he got a burger from the other day.
    It was average. This is the 2nd place who has put chips in the kebab. Not sure how I feel about it - In theory it's fantastic but it hasn't been executed perfectly yet.
    Will was still hungry so we agreed if he bought another burger I could get a gelato 🤗😃
    We went to another show called Aladins - the menu looks hectic and super cheap - 70c for a slice of pizza the size of my head.
    He only ate half because he psyched himself out because the chicken was a little too pink for his liking.
    I got my snickers gelato on the way home - the place charges off weight and not scoops.
    When home I packed my bags and cleaned up a lot of rubbish. Will did nothing. He says he is going to do it in the morning. -.-
    I charged the battery charge, kindle and go pro. I need to buy a new phone cord - it's not working with anything/ takes 10 attempts then you can't move it an inch without it disconnecting.
    Fireworks went off next door. They love them here. While I charged my phone off the computer I looked up things to do in Brussels AND made the horrifying realisation that we have booked our accommodation in Brussels from the wrong airport. We are flying into the crappier airport which is 60km away from our Bnb. We fly in at 10:50pm - it's between 90€ - 120€ during regular hours...
    Farrrkkkk.
    I've been messaging the chick all night and had a semi breakdown so Will is going to take over responsibility tomorrow and decide what we are going to do.
    There is apparently a shuttle bus that will take us half way but that means the cleaning lady can't stay up for us so we will need to go to a completely separate home to pick up keys......
    gah!
    Only positive is at least i realized this huge problem before we arrived to the wrong airport. Lol.
    And we have 4 days to make a plan.
    Our current host has agreed to drive us to the bus station tomorrow woohoo.
    I feel a little sick. Not sure if anxiety or because I ate too much hahah.
    I messaged Bronwyn about changing our return flight too.
    The fact I am the organized one is scary.
    Read more