Satellite
  • Day 112

    Transit

    July 24, 2017 in Latvia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Another terrific night on the floor ..
    We tidied the area and got ready to leave around 12. It was a 3.5km walk to the bus stop and it was so hot 😭 our backs were disgusting.
    We got there at 12:45 and the next bus came as 1 :) it was silly though because our bus line sold tickets in a different spot across the road which cut our time very short.
    While everyone was packing their luggage onto the bus I was asked to answer a random survey about Estonia - it was much longer than I expected - all about how much I'd spent, how long I'd been there, what tourist stuff I did etc.
    on the bus and off to Latvia woo 🇱🇻🇱🇻
    We made 1 stop - Will got off and got a few sausage In a rolls. I went to the bus loo and wasn't thinking and so now I probably have any number of diseases. I went barefoot. 😨I didn't even realize I wasn't wearing shoes til the floor became wet 😒😒😒
    It's a 4hour 40 min trip. The bus wifi is working for Will but not for me :( I do need to save phone battery though so we can find our hostel. I thought I would pass some time and start his though 👍🏼
    Went through the border - so far Latvia is just trees.

    Arrived at the bus stop and walked to the hostel.
    Our check in was the best so far - Will is signed up to beer tasting, we got a map and info about the area and free tour starting points.
    We also get free shot but we have postponed it til after dinner.
    Went to our room which is on the third level 😪
    Our room is awesome and so are the toilets. This hostel is rating well so far.
    The bar downstairs is also 24hours and has 1.5€ beers at certain times. Tonight I think it's from 7-10.
    Will is going to die lol.

    We went walking and got subway. I got a full length sub this time but our overall total for 2 subs was still 11€ cheaper than Finland lol.
    We went to an ATM and got money out.
    Will likes Latvia so far. So do I.

    We had our shot. The backstory is some dude invented it, it's 40%+, sugar free and the creator use to claim it cured anything including broken bones and cancers. It use to sell in pharmacies.

    I didn't mind it. Will hated it but he is pussy when it comes to shots other than sambucca* lol
    He is currently enjoying his first beer of the evening.

    There are 3 free tour options but I think we will do the one of the old town.

    I went upstairs and had a snooze while Will met people. he came up soon after though because he was the only one signed up for beer tasting lol
    Oh well.

    The room is really hot and it's annoying because it has double windows and also because they open in you can't have the blinds down so I feel like everyone is looking in.

    I have the worst pimples on my chin.
    Read more