Satellite
  • Day 157

    Windsor

    September 7, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Had to check out by 10 so we got breakfast in the dining room again then got on our way - lego land today :)
    Before we left we facetimed Grandma because it was Grandads funeral today so we said hi to eneryone and sent our best wishes. Helen and Bill were off chips hhahah.

    We already bought the tickets online a week ago because if you booked 7 days in advance you saved 15£ per ticket which is a solid savings and definitely worth it.
    It was only about a 10 min drive from the hotel.
    Hadn't even entered and I loved it already.
    Lego figurines lined the driveway.

    Once in we got a map and started walking down the hill to the proper start.
    Throughout the park we saw some freaking awesome lego displays and some were really hidden so you had to keep an eye out like a little hedgehog in the bushes.
    First up was a section that was basically like Mini Europe only made out of lego. It was fantastic. The displays of London and France were probably the best bit still an over all big thumbs up.
    Next was Duplo land which was a section more catered for 0-3year olds.
    We all went on a little boat ride thing together which took you around and showed you displays of Disney characters and famous fairytales. Again, excellent.
    Jess bought a photo pass so we have all our photos scanned onto a wrist band which we can get digital copies off later. The photo we got on this ride was lovely and Jax was looking forward so woo.
    Jax was still a bit small for some of the other rides but had a go in the playground on the slide. He didn't like walking on the soft mat surface though because he couldn't balance.
    There was a water park section that we planned on going back to.
    Next ride was so cool!!!
    It was an underground submarine thing that had big windows for you to see fish, shark, crab and stingray all swimming beneath in pretty coral! Oh and some lego treasures.
    We then watched some stupid show that kinda caught Jax's attention so we stayed. It was a pirate show with some terrible stunts lol.
    Next was a train that sprayed us all with water guns. Me and Will got the wettest. Lol
    Jaxon got banned from coming out of his pram until he had a nap because he was a hot mess haha
    He fell asleep and me and Jess went on this sort of my little pony pirate ship ride which turned out to be pretty good. jess was loosing her shit at the top squealing and laughing uncontrollably before squealing again at the top on the other side haha.
    Me and Will then waited in the longest queue of the day (40ish mins) to go on some Egyptian laser lag ride. I doubled Wills score.
    The lego Pharaoh out front was awesome.
    Jax then woke up as we were gonna to the ninja section which we skipped because it didn't look that good.
    The lego was of course good though.
    Me and Will went on a water rapid ride thing which was boring but was ok because there was no line to get on.
    We then took it in turns to go on what I would describe as a log ride with a slide at the end.
    We got super wet!

    Jess and I went on a roller coaster before we decided to try and find where we claim our games tickets she pre bought. It took us ages to find the spot and there was no one there...
    another family was there - they ended up just taking a toy from the stand 😂😂
    I lent over the counter and got the games coupons we had bought and maybe some extra one hahahah 😝😝
    How stupid of them.
    We played some games - we lost of course - before we took Jaxon back to the water play section to play in before we left.
    Uhm ok so the English are ridiculous. So many kids running around in this water.. I took a step in and my foot nearly fell off from frostbite.
    Jaxon was clinging into Jess for dear life and his teeth chattering so that didn't last long hahah
    Will took Jaxon on a train ride which was so very cute.
    Jess and Will went on a water slide together right at closing time and got saturated hahaha
    They had to change clothes.
    Great day.

    Then began a new adventure.
    We headed to Dover. Our phones told us that would take just under two hours but our stupid car gps thought the quickest route would be to take us through London city............... it was not.
    How these people don't have breakdowns on a daily basis? It's actually ridiculous. I could not do it daily.
    It took us over 4 hours to get there and when we did it was 9 something so well and truly dark.

    - we got McDonald's on the way - the only drive through we have seen the whole way.

    Then came the stress lol
    So we found the place but no one answered the door...
    Jess reread her email and in fine print at the bottom of her confirmation email it said CALL ahead and organise the collection of your keys.
    SINCE WHEN DO YOU DO THAT FOR A HOTEL?
    Jaxon is rightfully loosing his shit by now.
    He pretty much slept the whole 4 hours though so gold star for him.

    Ok so we found a pay phone but of course the man didnt answer did he 😒😒😒

    A few tries later - as Jess was leaving the booth THE PHONE RANG 😁luckily she hadn't left because the ring was so faint.
    She got instructions and off we went.

    Got there and couldn't open the door 😂
    We then ignored the instructions given to us and tried a different door which worked ... like honestly..

    Whatever we have a bed YAY.

    It would be a nice place if it was clean but it was pretty gross..

    Crashed pretty hard.
    Read more