Satellite
  • Day 174

    Marrakech

    September 24, 2017 in Morocco ⋅ ⛅ 36 °C

    We were going to get a ride in Viviennes cab to the train station but we wanted breakfast first so said bye to her, went upstairs to eat then fart assed around for a bit before heading to the station - 4km walk each way 😒 it's also 38 degrees today
    On the way I got a pomegranate juice from a street cart but it was shit because they blended in the seeds.
    We got there and bought tickets for tomorrow morning instead of tonight. It's only an 8 hour train meaning the "overnight" train arrives in Fez at 2:30am.... like that's helpful..
    we bought first class tickets because it was only 10€ more each and it ensures us a seat. Second class is best In best served - it's also meant to be 38 degrees tomorrow so it will be a sweat fest back there!
    We had some lunch then walked back to the hostel. We were going to see the palaces but decided to go see the one in Rabat instead because that's where the king lives.
    We hung around for hours. I had a very sad tummy because I still hadn't pooed.
    After an episode in the bathroom I felt a little better.

    We have run out of itchy cream so we went to find more but both pharmacies were shut - We went out for dinner at a place a man has been trying to give us flyers for all damn week.
    He was so happy when I finally took one 😂
    It was really expensive but Fantastic food!
    We went out and finally found a cactus to try. I actually liked it - the only problem was it was riddled with seeds.

    Back at the hostel we packed - I have so many stupid coins I popped out to buy a coin purse.

    I got stuck talking to every bloke and his dog.
    First was the boy who lives opposite, then the handbag guy who yells Neighbour every time he sees us - he wanted to know when I was coming to look at his shop, next was the dude who gave us the flyer, then the guy who owns the shop we have eaten twice in and finally the guy whose restaurant we ate at 2 nights ago - he added me on Facebook 😂😂😂😂😂 they are all so friendly but annoying!

    All these interactions were longer than hi how are you .. 😒
    My coin purse was a bank breaking $2

    I have officially ran out of socks, bras, undies, shirts and shorts.
    I smell so bad.

    The shop dude who added me on fb just invited me to his shop for tea hahahaha no thankyou. Bless. His inappropriateness reminds me of Bazil when we first started talking. I wonder if this is how they are with the local girls or just foreigners? I feel like probably both 😂 it's like they think if they don't call you beautiful you won't talk to them.
    He was very firm on making sure I knew that he likes blonde hair. Lol

    Tonight is the first night in the hostel where I am hot.

    We organised a taxi to take us to the station tomorrow - such a rip! Another 15€
    Only option so gotta pay 😒

    I should go brush my teeth but I'm in my bed and out of fear it's going to collapse any minute .. I am gonna skip it.
    Read more