Satellite
  • Day 186

    Bucharest

    October 6, 2017 in Romania โ‹… โ›… 23 ยฐC

    Still coughing ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

    We did a load of washing yesterday and they had all dried - Will has realized he has lost another 2 shirts though ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ‍โ™€๏ธ
    Got ready and headed towards the Parliament.
    It is bloody big. I knew it was gonna be but still impressive. It was modern as well and clean looking.
    โœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธ alright next.
    Onto the national museum.
    It cost $3 to enter ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    The first floor was crappy. I don't know what it was... it was modern but not in English and didn't really have anything? It was like a building model?
    2nd room was eh. Just lots of old Roman stuff that is everywhere around Europe..
    the 3rd but was awesome though.
    In the center of the museum was the biggest column I have ever seen.
    This column though... omg. It's like 5 times as thick as one from the Parthenon.
    Due to the lack of English I don't know anything about it other than it's the Trajan column. I think the original is is Rome though. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    Idk ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the purpose of the display was to look at all the friezes. Very detailed.
    The next section you couldn't take photos and it was all the gold and royal stuff. Probably my favourite jewelry section of a museum we have been to.
    The necklaces and crowns were hectic. You could see some of the age though they look a little mushed. The crowns looked fake.
    We left then headed home because shock horror Will had to poop.
    We got there and he didn't need to any more ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜– freaking honestly. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
    We chilled out because it was really hot outside. I looked more closely into how we were gonna get the train tomorrow night and what we were going to do with our bags all day because we have to check out at 12.
    We are gonna try get lockers at the station when we buy tickets. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
    I fell asleep. Lol - Will woke me up and we went to dinner at a resturant that we walked past on our tour and was recommended.
    It was really good actually. It was only $50 all up and we bought the whole shop.
    We had 1 Pepsi, 2 beers, 1 entree, 2 mains, 1 dessert and 2 shots of Visinata which is a Romanian sour cherry alcohol.
    I got the lamb stew which was delicious- I also had the pavlova and was so excited about it but it was crap ๐Ÿ˜ž not like home.
    After we left and went walking for Will to find a dessert place because I jumped the gun when ordering my Pavlova (he never gets dessert so I assumed he didn't want any) - he got a scoop of ice cream and a Croissant.
    We then went to a bookshop that was supposedly lovely and again recommended on our tour.
    While it was cool, I don't think it's exactly the city's top attraction..
    Walked back home.
    We renewed our workaway subscription (30€๐Ÿ˜’) then I browsed while Will napped. I soon fell asleep too ๐Ÿ™Š
    I woke up before he did and semi packed. I got the. Ew load of washing out to dry.
    I was really thirsty so we went to buy a drink. We accidentally bought soda water not regular which is a real bummer. We have done it so many times this trip. Boo hiss.
    Home now. Will is going through the workaways I found.

    I have decided I can now figure out if I am tired on not by noting if my feet are hyper sensitive to the blanket. Rubbing them back and forth is so comforting- it means nap time ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    Our toilet smells. Well maybe not even the toilet? We aren't sure - maybe just the water system in general because it does keep squeaking.

    My hair is atrocious but the water pressure is crap so I don't want to wash it.

    I'm keen for the ridiculous train ride tomorrow night!

    I've liked Bucharest. Claps for Romania. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
    It's far more modern than I expected and not a single gypsie in sight lol.
    Read more