Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 187

    Bucharest

    October 7, 2017 in Romania ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    So we got woken again by the damn housekeeper only this time asking what time we were leaving.
    Don't know why the Bnb dude couldn't have just messaged me to ask me that rather than send her round...
    he will score low for communication.
    I get so much satisfaction reviewing things hahaha

    We both showered and packed. I gotta send a lot of stuff home soon, by bag is too big. Time for some winter clothes me think! Today is a consistent 9 degrees.

    It was raining so we jumped in a taxi who we knew was dipping us off but didn't really care. He offered a fixed price way more than what it would have cost but I understand - it was only 4km away and accepting us meant when he has to rejoin the really long taxi line so he has to make it worth it for himself to do it.
    He charged $7
    Got there no troubles and found the ticket place relatively easily.
    We got the tickets and got a discount. She explained why but I couldnt understand her so I just nodded.
    Our train leaves at 7:15 tonight.
    We found lockers that were massive - only $8 for 24 hours for all our stuff so that's not bag considering what they can sometimes charge.
    Now, we were going to walk to an open air museum but it was bucketing.
    We spent the next 7 hour hanging out in the station.
    Boringggggggg
    At least we didn't have to lug bags around.
    We chilled in the maccas free wifi zone then in the station waiting bay where the most aweful smelling human I have ever smelt sat near us.
    He later actually got asked to leave and that could have been why.
    I couldn't believe the assault on the senses.
    Will reckons he smelt like a coin. Hahahahaha
    Not a typo.

    Another man got asked to leave because I think maybe he was drunk. He was talking to everyone so loudly and i think harassing one lady.

    We had subway for dinner and charged our phones there.

    Got on the train at 7.
    We couldn't figure out how to get into our apartment.
    The worker needed to unlock it for us. Why is wasnt already unlocked...

    No one else is in our compartment YAYAYAY.
    And Will fits the mattress YAYAYAY
    This is so cool.
    It's an old soviet train that hasn't been redesigned.
    It reminds me of a Nana's house.
    Terrible curtains and carpet with way too much velvet.
    ...An Autumn colour scheme haha

    The toilet isn't that bad considering. The toilet seat was metal and my ass has never experienced such a temperature but it as least had a flush button.
    No toilet paper though 😒

    It's like being in a rocker. We both had a 2 hour nap straight off the bat.

    It's now 11. Will is now watching and I'm working up to reading my book.

    According to other people's recounts of their experience on this train - at about 1-2am there is going to be a very long and loud disturbance because they have to change every wheel over 😂 it takes them a while apparently.
    They have to change the wheels because the tracks are different in Moldova. - one of Stalins strategies to slow people down lol

    Will keeps beating me at chopsticks and it's bullshit

    We should have brought another bottle of water

    Will won't stop singing and I'm close to telling him to sleep outside. So freaking annoying lol

    We are both really enjoying the journey.
    it's 12:28am so all new adventures of the journey will be in tomorrows records.
    👍🏼
    Read more