Satellite
  • Day 191

    Chisinau

    October 11, 2017 in Moldova ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Woke up and moved out bags out of the room but we were allowed to stay in the hostel until we needed to so we stayed in the kitchen area and for organised.
    We bought our Turkish eviasa. SIXTY U.S DOLLARS EACH 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 if we had known we probably would have skipped. It was suppose to be $20 for a single entry but that's no longer and option so we had to get the multiple entry visa for $60 😭😭😭😭
    We also booked a car for the next 4 nights and accommodation around Romania.

    Feeling accomplished we went to Andys pizza again and got food. Our eyes were too big for our stomachs but still great food! The fried cheese was delish.
    We then went and got me a magnet from the markets.

    Back at the hostel the assistant worker child dude tried to call us a taxi but they are having issues with taxi drivers is Chisinau at the moment - not enough.
    So we just walked the 4 km to the station - luckily almost all of it was down hill.

    Bought our ticket for $110 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 it was only $60 on the way here. But moldova isn't a popular place - Romania is ... so much so we paid an extra $7 each to upgrade to first class so we didn't have to share a living quarter.

    I love the autumn colored trees.

    So far our journey has been good. I had a nap 😏
    Our train left at 4:45pm - it's currently 7:56pm and we have done our Moldovan customs check which was intense - she did not like my photo...
    we then had both bags properly searched.
    Some lady then told us she was a doctor do we need help... we said no and off she went..

    They are currently changing the wheels over which is gonna take a while. It's been 20 minutes and they have only just finished our carriage and we are first In line for the wheeel change. They lifted us up but we couldn't feel it. You wouldn't know if you weren't watching.
    Can't wait for Romanian customs so I can go back to bed hahah.

    Jokes the previous passport check was not the legit one - this is the 4th time I've had to show the Moldovans my passport.
    1. Passport matches ticket
    2. Unsure why
    3. What I thought was customs
    4. Customs
    They didn't like my picture this time either. Wills always passes straight away but mine they checked under lights to check it wasn't fake and checked my face like 10 times. Then they disappeared with it - that was fun..
    But we both did eventually get stamped woo.

    20 meters on its now Romanias turn. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

    Ok we so we got the same bloke as last time - absolutely champ. A slightly plump man with a big mostache.
    He remembered us once we said we were there 3 days ago.
    We pointed to our bags which were in the apartment above our heads and he just looked at them, paused and said "ok, I see " then he left 😂😂😂😂😂😂 best bag search ever hahahahaha

    There is a lot of drilling noises coming from the roof. Maybe searching for hidden drugs? Or the train is broken hahah

    2.5 hours later - we have made it through the silly customs.

    We actually prefer 2nd class to this.
    It's 11:57 so documentation will continue in the next entry.
    Stay tuned...
    Read more