Satellite
  • Day 207

    Transit

    October 27, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Will had to get up an hour before me hehe sucker. He didn't pre pack.
    We did our final pack up and headed out - we put our keys in their letterbox.
    We went straight to a bakery where we bought delicious pastries. So good. Like a banitza cake.
    We then went to the station and sat by the train waiting.

    On we popped. Some old lady was trying to communicate to us that we were in here seat, we were like no, show us your ticket. She then pulls out this magnifying contraption to try and read her ticket 😂
    I was oh dear hhaha I send her in the right direction.

    It's a 7 hour train ride and so far we have had some decent sleeps.
    We didn't get an exit stamp from Serbia so that was a little concerning but Croatia stamped us in so it doesn't matter now. Just disappointed because we are trying to fill our book.
    Woman are always so much better with my passport photo - it's like that have a better understanding that hair changes. 😂

    2 more hours to go.
    We are both pretty hungry.
    The landscape has varied. Some very flat and brown and others have had such cute villages with chickens and such.
    The villages are mainly quite well put together. I think if i was born in Serbia if prefer village life over Belgrade. It's jut so bland lol.

    My ass is so numb.
    I haven't drunken enough water but I've already peed twice and don't want to have to go again..

    30 mins away and there is a storm outside 😒😒😒😒 I dont want to have to walk in it 😔

    Ok some crazy lady gave us a Jesus card on the train. Well she tried too. This lady was full blown retard. She tried to hand us I why I presume to be a Serbian pamplet thing and I said sorry but no thankyou we can't read it. She responded in English and goes "oh ok, German"
    She then hands us a pamphlet in german.
    So I said the same thing IN ENGLISH sorry but we can't read it.
    She was so stumped by this. She pointed at Will and goes "he is german"
    Uhm, no?
    What?
    Crazy lady.
    She eventually gave us a download a bible in your language app card. Then Went down the train passing out pamphlets.
    We were talking in English why not think to try give us an English pamphlet 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

    Anyway, arrived in Zagreb. It wasn't raining thank goodness.

    Immediately impressed by Croatia.
    Stunning entrance. The buildings, gardens and cleanliness. It has a Belgium/Poland feel.
    I likey.
    We found our hostel, dumped our stuff and headed back out. The foyer was so loud, its like a club lol. So many people too.

    We headed to the Museum of broken relationships. I was really excited about going because I had heard so many good things but I was a little let down. There were some funny and sad displays but most had too much writing and Will was bored out of his brain hahah
    It's basically a museum with items and a backstory. There was a funny one about a toaster. Basically I think she got cheated on and so she stole his toaster "sucker, how's he going to toast anything now?!"
    There were ones of suicide and divorce which were far more heart breaking.
    Still, happy I went and saw.
    We had to climb up so many stairs to get there too. There was a view but unfortunately it was too dark. I think it would be lovely at sunset.
    We went looking for food and ended up at a restaurant after a long search only the prices were RIDICULOUS - this place had their damn food menus on smart tablets - that gives you a rough idea of their attempt at poshness.
    We had our cokes and found a burger joint. Very good. Still pricey but it comparison, a bargain!
    We are now back at the hostel and have booked a day trip to the Lakes for Sunday.
    Tomorrow we are going to the post office - how excitinng.. haha

    Serbia didn't have button at their traffic lights and it annoyed me.
    I need something to push to make time go quicker - some of them have a clock countdown and sometimes it was 90 seconds. It goes very slowly.
    Read more