Satellite
  • Day 223

    Kotor

    November 12, 2017 in Montenegro ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Turns out Will got bitten too. We weren't sure but he has woken up with his leaky boils. 😷
    Lucky we still had cream from Morocco. We put that on and got ready for the day.
    The port is quite nice but I still think some of the spots we passed yesterday on the bus were better. Lake Ohrid is still my favourite bag overall I think. It has at least made the longer lasting impression.
    We went to old town for breakfast.
    So the official symbol of Kotor is a cat. There are so bloody many! But they are a symbol of luck for the city! There are so many cat stores and food everywhere. We went into a cats of kotor shop and I left with a mug 😏😏 it has all the different ways to say cat in other languages. The store also sold bags of food.
    We passed another store with 10 lingering around a food bowl. One orange heffa was guarding it.
    They are all so cute 😭
    Will wanted juice so we stopped at a place that advertised it - we had such lovely tomato soup there I want to go back again. Lol
    We just walked around the old streets. I like that it's practically empty. It adds a nice feel. EXCEPT TO MY COMPLETE HORROR- the cat museum was also closed. disappointed is an understatement. It is suppose to be 1€ entry and the money goes towards stray cat food. But we did read some of the signs and I'm gonna sign Thad up to be a friend online to the cats of kotor lol.
    Outside was a funny sight but.
    One cat had 2 kittens and some other adult cat came over and started suckling too 😂😂😂 it pushed the kittens out of the way.
    Maybe a previous kitten because that's the only reason I can think of such a tolerant mother lol
    We then went and sat by the bay for ages. It's really not that wow. This is the it place of Montenegro and I'm not overwhelmed lol.
    LOVED BOSNIA. But so far this is eh. Keen for the capital because everyone has said don't bother going. That normally means I'm going to like it haha

    We are now back home and enjoying some tea :)

    We went out for dinner and were super cheap and shared a pizza. Good pineapple ratio today 👌🏻

    When we got back I finished my book and have made the realization it's a series -.- which is bad cause I'm hooked and the books aren't cheap because they are new and recently made a movie 😐😐😐😐

    We have had a few teas today in the foyer which has been quite nice.
    Read more