Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 249

    Transit

    December 8, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Checked out at 10 and walked to the station. We ate at some cafe thing before finding our train.
    4€ for the smallest blueberry muffin 😭
    The station was total mayhem. People everrrrywhere.
    We couldn't find an ATM either which was a little stressful because we had to pay cash on arrival - we left hoping there would be one in Naples.
    About a 3 hour journey. I slept. Lol. we have so much crap. We need to send things home.

    I fell down the stairs on the train. It really hurt. The person in front of me wasn't walking fast enough and I had so much weight behind me It pushed me down.
    Hurt my pinkie finger and ankle.
    I'm ok but.

    When we arrived our transfer guy wasn't there.
    Bother.
    Remain calm, Angharad.

    I found a wifi zone after a panic fueled run around and got told he would be 5 minutes late. Phew.
    Gave us time to get money out.

    Found the guy and he drove us to the house.

    Holy hell this part of Italy is a wreck!
    We saw mount Vesuvius so that was cool.

    The apartment is nice but we have already had some major dramas here. Italy has 2 types of powerpoints the whole apartment only has the type we can't use.

    Until we found the fridge had a secret one which ours fits into.

    We went out for food because we were starving but every single shop was shut.
    Not just food - EVERYTHING.

    SO OVER EUROPE AND THEIR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS WHAT THE HELL.

    Our hosts don't speak English or rather it's very minimal so it was so bloody difficult asking where we could eat.
    We had to wait until 8pm.

    STARVING.

    I am so cranky about this place. It is not as advertised.
    5 minutes to Pompeii is what it says.
    Erm, it's 9km away and there is ZERO public transport. And again, hosts don't speak English.. can't ask for help..

    I wanted to see Herculaneum too but alas, all tours leave from Naples and despite their advertisement they are nowhere near bloody Naples.

    Our transfer here cost 40€ and the only way to get anywhere is to go back to Naples which we can't afford.
    It's 27km away.

    I AM SO CROSS.

    We are just going to have to walk 9km to the museum-y part and get a taxi home - If there are any.

    This place is a ghost town.
    It's like after the eruption in 1944 they didn't bother rebuilding.

    Super bummed.

    I had an anger nap lol then we went to get a pizza at the only place open.
    We tried to pay but they didn't have change and their card machine was just for show.. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

    They let us leave without paying and we are to go back tomorrow.

    THIS PLACE IS A SHITHOLE.

    Pizza was really good though.

    Oh another crappy thing - the shower had like a little of hot water before it becomes ice.

    BOOOOOO

    Jess got her puppy - his name is Edgar and he is beautiful.

    More notes: S club 3 are releasing a song in 3 days (YAY)
    And
    On our colosseum tour we saw the fattest dog in the world. It was a sausage dog and its stomach actually touched the ground.
    It wasn't pregnant. It had balls.

    More pics from yesterday.
    Read more